Saturday, June 26, 2010

JUNE FASHION TRENDS by Gill-T

June 26, 2010 Gill-T's clothes pics for the 2010 summer.



THE DENIM SHIRT - Behold, the denim shirt is back. It's not as preppy as it was. The trend is a worn in look that acts as a cardigan to our existing outfit. I admit, I have one of these I found brand new on clearance for about $5 and I love it. (I know, Oregon people are just not buying it yet but just wait it's on the rise.) Don't forget the Goodwill has these from the 1992 season but try to avoid the faded boxy look that we used to tuck into our fall colored denims, and go for a slimmer, darker, roughed up look.



THE KHAKI TRENCH - The fashion industry has been pushing this over and over again and it's still hanging in there. Look at all the ads in the mags. I admit because of the humidity in the Northwest, it only works well for night time in the summer. Honestly, I'm over the trench after wearing a waterproof one from January to June this year. "Blame it on the rain!"



LONG TUNICS AND LEGGINGS - Can you say 80's? (1986 and I was in elementary school.) I love the comfort factor here. Behold the blousey tunic/tank. I think I have at least 20 of these just itching to be paired with leggings for the summer while I am away from the office. Personally I think it's too casual for the workplace. Is there anything cheaper than the purchase of a pair of leggings and flats? Although I am pretty picky on flats since my legs can look too thick in them. I can do a dressed up flip flop and that works.

Time to put the jogging suit and cargo pants to rest for good.




GLADIATOR SANDALS AND SHORT SHORTS. Obviously the short shorts are not for everyone. The sandals are great with maxi dresses, flouncy skirts and mini skirts. For trailer trash budgets, I love the fact you can cut off the old jeans or find some for a couple of bucks at a second hand store.



FLORALS - Think early 90's. The small floral is in everywhere. Yes its been in since last 2009 spring but we are so obnoxiously slow to believe it is, that for us Oregonians, it's fresh. I still have a few in the closet from 1993 because they woe me. Pair it with a cardigan and a belt and it's updated.



WHITE BOTTOMS - Finally, my favorite pick is the white trouser. I have a pair that can be easily dressed up with anything on top and it serves well in the workplace, wedding or dining out. White skinny jeans are great too for a fresh look.

Now you know. Go get 'em ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers