Monday, June 28, 2010

Tomorrow's Trailer Trash Dinner

Take 2 lbs of chicken breast, 1 cup of salsa, green chilies, 1 cup of water, a pinch of salt, pepper and sugar and throw it in a crock pot tomorrow morning. You can substitute organic chicken broth for the water if you want a savory flavor.

(My AC isn't up and going yet so I'll place my crock pot outside on the deck. This is typical for living in a trailer.) Wait about three hours when set on high or 5 hours when set on low. During this time you can play on Facebook, or Farmville or Bejeweled Blitz, heck if you feel real ambitious, fold the laundry while you wait. And for those of you who have a job, go to the office for a few hours. When finished, shred with a fork, drain excess water and vavoom - Dinner is here. . .almost

Add guacamole chunks, pico de gallo, cheese, hot sauce and lettuce and behold the soft taco without heating up the house. Don't forget the chips and salsa for the appetizer.

Add your favorite trailer trash drink. In our house that would be ice water (but reverse osmosis water) or an IZZE. But for some of you, I can only imagine drinks with worms in it our something zippy.

Bonn A petite! or should I say !Buen provecho!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. Tacos are one of my favorite foods and I love the idea of coming home from school with everything made and ready to go. I'll be trying this out sometime. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong on these babies. I've made them different every time and it works. You can also put the meat in salad and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Followers